Sunday, June 12, 2016

Here it is...

Here it is again...the end.

The end of a set period of time.  Teaching has measured out my life in a way that I never experienced when I was working in an office.  The end of school is sort of like the end of the year...it leaves me in a state of reflection before the beginning of something new.

There are all these thoughts running through my mind about where I was at the beginning of the school year compared to where I am now.  Thinking of all the changes that have taken place in my life, my heart, and my mind over the past 10 months along with the memories and experiences that I have gained in that time.  .

Sometimes it can begin to seem like I'm just living life and nothing much is happening...days run together into weeks and then months...and then almost an entire year has passed.  As the days run together into a lifetime, some moments stand out. You know those moments that feel life-changing?  Sometimes you see it as it's happening, sometimes you see it when you look back...but they are always there.

Those moments can feel sudden, like something just clicked into place all at once...but in reality there have been all these smaller moments, going unnoticed, that have led, step-by-step to that very noticeable life-altering moment. 

It can seem as if something comes from nothing...all in that moment.  But that's not really what's going on.  Right now, I feel as if several things are falling into place in my life in areas where I have had quite a bit of uncertainty, and as those things "fall into place" - with what seems like effortless grace - it can feel as if I have struggled through all this uncertainty and now suddenly it's just clicking. 

But during the uncertainty and the shifting, during the transformation that was happening so slowly that I didn't even see it... there were moments where I made choices.  I made a choice to go one direction instead of another, I made a choice to follow where I believed God was leading me instead of where I may have wanted to go, I made a choice to leave behind things that were comfortable and known in favor of following the path that I believe God is leading me on.

It's in those moments that the shift begins...it's in those moments of decision and choice that the life-altering moments (those ones that happen so suddenly, ya know?) are born.  Those life-changing moments really begin in the middle of the days where it seems as if life is just slowly passing by and maybe I'm not doing much.  Because really I'm doing a lot, even though it seems that I'm not doing much...I'm listening for God and I'm following His lead - and that's just about the biggest thing I can do.

So...here's to life-changing moments and a future that has been totally planned out by my loving Father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment