Monday, September 29, 2014

Life is adventure...



I went to church in a village not far from home yesterday and it was so wonderful.  I loved the service and the worship and I very much look forward to a time when I can understand more Swahili instead of just being able to pick up about 1% of the words spoken.  I took some pictures to share with you - I always love going anywhere because it’s so beautiful here.  You are driving along and see an amazing tree – or suddenly you’re looking down into this huge crater in a rock.  I took most of these pictures with my phone, while the van was moving…a couple I took at the church, while I was obviously not in a moving van :)

This is Allie and me with the pastor’s wife.  I have no idea what’s up with the face that I’m making except that the sun was probably in my eyes…yeah, we’ll go with that  :)

Here I am apparently having some serious discussion with Francis – obviously about God (because I’m pointing at the sky)  Yup...totally.

Here – I am undoubtedly giving some very teachery wisdom to Mercy – who is one of my students for science  :)  (I also didn’t know this photo was being taken, but I love it)

Some of the awesome flags hanging in the church to represent the nations.

This super cool chicken walked up into the church during worship…I’m taking that as a sign from God that I should pursue my desire of raising chickens while I am here in TZ!  A goat also peeked his head in during the service…but didn’t actually come in.  So…no goats for me.

On the drive home…I love the sky, I love the hills (or are those mountains) and I LOVE the dirt road.  I took this picture for the view of the horizon…but noticed the dirt road after.  I thought that was pretty funny because I tried to take a picture of a different dirt road (I like dirt roads, I guess) and it didn’t turn out at all like I had wanted.  And then look at this picture, it’s like a little gift from God hidden in the middle of the photos I took that day!  

And look at this tree – it’s  actually smaller than the one next to it…but the picture of the bigger one was horribly blurry. This thing is huge…and the one next to it…it’s like someone took about 10 trees and wrapped them together in a bouquet!  It’s so awesome to see!  :)  (yes, there are power lines all through this one…but it was taken at about 50+mph sooo…)  ((also…my computer won’t let me crop out any of the huge sky soo…))
I wish that I could share the entire experience with you and let you see the real beauty in all of it…but these pictures will have to do.  Life is amazing!  I am so thankful to be living it! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment