Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Changes...



I’m sitting here tonight listening to some music and basically kind of relaxing and a song on my playlist brought me back to the mission trip I went on in June of this year.  Suddenly I became very emotional…remembering that trip and the profoundly life changing things that came from it.  Most profound: God showed me some things that changed the way that I look at myself and gave me a new confidence in him. 

I am remembering some of the people I met and prayed with, one girl in particular, and my heart is touched.  I am remembering how moved I was by meeting this one young girl and praying with her regarding the situation she is in right now…a situation I walked through at her age.  But, that’s not really the point of this…

I remember a conversation that I had with Lezley (who was leading the trip along with her husband John) the night I prayed with this young girl…and towards the end of the conversation I told her how I felt like my life was on the verge of some huge changes…I told her I felt like I would be moving, but I didn’t know where.  I think I may have said that it felt like it would be a big move, like maybe to another state or something (haha).  I told her that I felt like I was standing at the edge of this huge cliff and God was telling me to jump and I was so ready to jump even though I had no clue what was waiting when I landed…or rather when he caught me :)

I just made the comment last night that music is powerful – and here it is.  This one song – which, by the way, is a song that I heard for the first time in John and Lezley’s van during the trip – took me back to that trip and all these memories began replaying and reminded me about that excitement I had about the mysterious changes I felt were coming.  And now here I am…not in another state, but another country – thousands of miles away; some of those changes no longer a mystery :)

God is still changing my life in some huge ways (I still feel some big changes coming...and they are still a mystery) but just here lately I have had some sadness over some things – and God is using this experience tonight to remind me of how suddenly and surprisingly he can make a thing happen…when I am following his plan for my life.  Here is one promise I can stand on forever…as long as I am following him and seeking *his* plan for my life…I will have no shortage of joy!  :)   What an amazing few months this has been…simply amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment